The first assignment we did that really helped me develop what I wanted to talk about for my topic, because I already had to do a little research it helped me think about what points I wanted to use to develop my thesis. Then going on the first field trip to MCASD helped me develop what I wanted my cover to look like for the zine. That field trip helped me think about my topic in a more visual way, like how I can represent my topic visually. For our cover, combining it as a group was more challenging because at first we tried to incorporate everyone's ideas so we had way too much going on, it was when we finally got our idea for the themes inside of our zine that we came up with the cover art, then it was just a matter of applying the critique that we got. I gained more expertise on Adobe Photoshop throughout this project because of some of the editing for our zine and also the stencil portrait. Everyone in my group did have a topic that connected to education but since we had already kind of developed our ideas from the student social topic proposal it was hard for us to combine our ideas into one consistent theme for the whole zine. We were all thinking more about just our specific topics not the overall theme of education. We each had a lot of ideas for our zines but it was hard for us to all agree on one. But once Kenneth came up with the Curious George idea and we decided on the colors we were going to use the zine actually came together a lot easier. After that the main challenges were just making sure that all of our pages looked different but had similar elements so that they still stuck with the theme. The absolute most challenging thing was formatting our pages in Adobe because it was so tedious.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.